Cycling Exhibition: 10 & 11 october 2020
Strasbourg is crowned number 1 cycling city in France (and 4th in the world!). In Strasbourg there is more than 600 kilometres of cycling lanes and over 6,000 free circulation town hire bikes. In Strasbourg, and in the whole region, the cycling industry is booming. Here are a few statistics:
- Between 2015 and 2016 Strasbourg accounted for more than 100 000 new cyclists.
- Between 2015 and 2018, the number of bike retailers in Strasbourg doubled.
- 16% of consumers use a bicycle to get to work (the national average is 6%).
- The town city policy favours the cycling mobility campaign: «VELOPTIMISTE» .
- An increasing number of parents are using bicycles in their daily routine which includes taking their children to school in Cargo bikes.