Terms & Conditions
1- General terms
- Welcome to BZEN website
BZEN SPRL is a Belgian company established at
Croix Henrard, 22
B-4140 Spimont, Belgium.
Company number 0683 796 748
VAT number BE06 8379 6748
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respect your privacy
2- Intellectual property
- If you comply with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right of use of the website for non-commercial purposes, as described in this document.
- This website and all content that we put at your disposal, including software, pictures, graphic elements, logos, documents, texts, slogans, user content, and other information (“Content”), as well as all related intellectual property rights (including copyrights, database rights and trademark rights) and other rights, are our exclusive property, or are the property of their respective holders.
- You are not allowed to copy, display, republish, translate, offer, transfer or distribute in any way, any part of the website or of the Content, except as explicitly allowed in these terms or otherwise explicitly permitted in writing by us and the respective holders.
- BZEN may provide links to third party apps/contents/services for information purposes via hyperlinks or plugins.
- BZEN may also allow users to post contents such as pictures, ratings, reviews, comments, questions, and other information (“User Contents”), which are the property of the user concerned.
- You agree not to post User Contents with any commercial or professional purposes or that may be unlawful, harmful, abusive, offensive, defamatory, infringing, harassing, invasive of personal privacy or otherwise inappropriate. We reserve the right to refuse and/or remove any User Contents that we believe, in our sole discretion, violate these terms.
- By posting User Contents on this website: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide and irrevocable license to use, modify, translate, reproduce, publish and distribute your User Contents in connection with BZEN and any other of our services and of the services of our affiliated companies; you grant each User of this website a non-exclusive, non-transferable and royalty-free license to use your User Contents as permitted through the features of the website and in accordance with these terms; you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for the purpose of this section.
- We do not explicitly or implicitly make any commitment concerning: the website’s availability at a specific place and a specific point in time, or its compatibility with your hardware, or undisturbed use, continuity, the absence of viruses, bugs or other faults and any remedies; the website’s content, including the User Contents and the links to third-party apps/contents/services.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not liable for any harm resulting from the website and our products and services, unless in the case of an intentional fault.
- Our liability is in any case excluded for indirect damages such as loss of income, loss of productivity and loss of data, or for moral damages, including (but not limited to) reputational damage.
- The limitation of liability in the foregoing sections applies to the extent permitted by applicable law, irrespective of the applicable liability regime, and even in case of a serious fault.
5- Governing law
- These terms are exclusively governed by Belgian law. The courts of the place of our registered office have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute regarding these terms, without prejudice to the applicable mandatory law that provides that the courts of your place of residence are competent.
- If you do not accept these terms, then you must stop all use or visiting of the website and you should not purchase any BZEN bike or accessories.
- Language. Our website is translated in several languages either by us or by automatic translation services. The language of reference in case of dispute will be English and therefore the English version on our website.
6- Sales terms and conditions
- The sales terms and conditions apply to every single offer of product and service offers from BZEN to a client.
- To be able to place an order, you must be above the age of 18 and not legally incapacitated and have a valid e-mail address. If it comes to BZEN’s attention that an order is made by a minor, BZEN reserve the right to decline the order.
- You shall bear the sole and exclusive responsibility for all aspects of your rides, including the compliance with all road, traffic and insurance rules that may apply to you. These rules may vary in each country. It is your responsibility to assess your compliance in this respect and to add, if required by your country rules, a bell or specific reflectors, etc.
- You shall bear your owns costs relating to the use of your BZEN bike and accessories, including any costs relating to reloading of the battery, etc.
- Placing an online order on the website constitutes a formal acceptance of BZEN sales terms and conditions and of BZEN’s data protection policy, which are available on our website.
- BZEN describes in a clear, complete and accurate way the products it sells to you, as well as the steps of the delivery process.
- The purchase agreement is concluded once BZEN confirms your order in writing. The confirmation will be issued as soon as BZEN has the confirmation of your payment. When you order a bike with additional accessories, the complete order will be delivered at once. In case one or several accessories would be missing, our team will contact with you and they will offer you the possibility to send directly the bike and to organize a second delivery, free of charge, with the missing articles.
- BZEN shall deliver the goods within 30 days of BZEN’s written order confirmation.
The applicable prices are those in force at the moment of the conclusion of the purchase agreement. During the period mentioned in BZEN’s offer, prices do not change, except for changes that may result from different applicable tax rates.
7- Delivery and execution
- All products are delivered to the address you registered on the BZEN website.
- The delivery period indicated by BZEN shall be based on the circumstances applicable to BZEN at the time the agreement became effective.
- Unless the parties have agreed otherwise, BZEN shall deliver the goods by transferring the physical possession or control of the goods to the consumer without undue delay, and not later than 30 days from the conclusion of the contract.
- In the case we failed to fulfil our obligation to deliver the goods at the time or within the time limit agreed upon with you, you shall call upon BZEN to make the delivery within an additional period of time appropriate to the circumstances. If BZEN fails to deliver the goods within that additional period of time, you shall be entitled to terminate the contract.
- The delivery takes place via the selected courier chosen by BZEN. You will receive a mail notification with the name of the company and you will be able to track your delivery.
- When BZEN dispatches the goods to you, the risk of loss or of damage to the goods shall pass to you at the moment that either yourself or a third party indicated by you will sign the delivery document for the reception of the goods.
8- Free delivery.
- BZEN bikes are handcraft bicycles frame made in Poland and assemble in Poland.
- We deliver to your door within EU, Norway and Switzerland free of the delivery charge. (See detail list of Countries at the check out while registering your delivery and invoicing addresses).
- However, any additional customs duties and similar public charges must be covered by the client.
- If you submit a delivery address outside of these countries, BZEN reserves the right to decline the order. For more information, write to email@example.com
9- Value added tax (VAT)
- The prices on our website are including VAT.
- Companies within the EU, Norway and Switzerland who have a valid VAT registration number may make an order exempt of VAT. You will find the instructions on the checkout page. Exception for Poland, because BZEN bikes are manufactured in Poland we must apply the Polish VAT to all delivery in Poland
- The invoice will be edited and sent via mail to your address on the day of the bike shipment.
- On the invoice, you will find the Bike Identification Number (BIN). Each bike has a specific BIN engraved by CNC machine in the aluminium at the bottom of the frame. This number is important and will have to be mentioned in all correspondence with BZEN. It will also be required by your insurance company in case you would like to ensure your bike.
11- Voucher – Coupon
- During a marketing event, a bike fair or for a specific reason, you might receive a coupon or a voucher valid on your future purchase of a BZEN bike on WWW.BZENBIKES.COM
- Vouchers cannot be cumulated. You may use only one voucher for one bike purchase
- Vouchers are valid when purchasing a new BZEN bike. They are not applicable on Return and Exchange bikes
- BZEN vouchers are valid only for BZEN bikes ordered and paid via the BZEN e-shop.
12- Force majeure
- If BZEN is unable to fulfil any of its obligations towards the Client due to force majeure, these obligations shall be suspended during the force majeure situation.
- Events of force majeure are all circumstances external to BZEN’s will and control that render the respect of our obligations completely or partly impossible. Such events include amongst others strikes, fire, disruption of energy supplies or telecommunication networks or communication systems and/or the temporary downtime of the e-shop, late delivery or absence of delivery by suppliers or other third parties.
- If you would have complaints concerning our products, please do not hesitate to contact us as indicated in the warranty.
- These conditions are exclusively governed by Belgian law, regardless of your place of residence. The courts of the place of our registered office have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute regarding these conditions, without prejudice to the applicable mandatory law that provides that the courts of your place of residence are competent.
- If you are a consumer, you can contact the Federal Consumer Mediation Service for an out of court settlement of consumer disputes.
- In case of a cross border dispute, you can contact the Online Dispute Resolution platform of the European Union.
14- Ambassador program
- Booking a test ride with BZEN
- BZEN is building a network of “Ambassadors” to facilitate test rides in most of European big cities.
- Ambassadors are usually BZEN riders who are willing to share their experience with potential new BZEN customers. Ambassadors might also be employee from either a bike shop or a bike renting platform or the legal representation in specific case, who have been accredited by BZEN for organizing test ride.
iii. In Europe, BZEN has signed a partnership agreement with specific platform, B2B businesses or bike shops. When taking a test ride with one of these BZEN accredited partners, in addition to the BZEN test rides terms and conditions, the test rider will have to agree with the specific terms and conditions of the partner.
- BZEN Ambassador
- The role of the BZEN Ambassador is to facilitate the test ride.
- BZEN Ambassador will explain to the test rider how to ride a BZEN bike, how to charge it, how to do the necessary adjustment e.g. saddle, and how to change a wheel or a tire.
iii. In case of additional information is needed, the test rider will refer to BZENBIKES.COM website.
- BZEN Ambassador will secure the bike is in proper conditions for a safe ride.
- Test rider
- The test rider is willing to test the bike and its riding characteristics. For this, he is committed to ride the bike according to its purpose, meaning on roads and in the city. BZEN bikes are smart electric city bikes specially designed for city commuting.
- Before the ride, the test rider is required to hand his passport or ID card to the BZEN Ambassador, in order to collect the necessary data, i.e. first and last name, passport or ID card number. The data will be deleted after returning the bike in good conditions to the Ambassador.
iii. The ambassador is obliged to take all necessary steps to properly secure the personal data he collects.
- The test rider declares he is in good health conditions and he is not under influence of alcohol or any drugs. He confirms being 18 years old or above.
- The test rider takes full responsibility for himself and for the bike. He is committed to comply with the regulation that applies on the roads and in the region he will be riding. In case of accident or theft, he will register a declaration at the Police and he will inform the BZEN Ambassador as quickly as possible.
- The test rider is responsible for the BZEN bike he is test riding and he will take all the necessary measures to avoid theft, including using a bike lock.
- Liability of the test rider, BZEN Ambassador and BZEN SPRL
- BZEN Ambassador and BZEN SPRL are not liable for any type of accident that could occur during the test ride, whatever the reason of the accident.
- In case of theft documented with the appropriate Police declaration, the test rider will have to cover an indemnity to BZEN SPRL equivalent to 25% of a new BZEN similar bike.
iii. The test rider is liable to the BZEN Ambassador and to BZEN SPRL in case of misusage of the bike creating damage to the bike. On the other hand, the test rider is not liable for damages created by minor negligence creating wear and tear to the bike.
- The test rider remains the only one liable in front of the Police or in front of the Justice in case of violation of laws, regulations or any others matters linked to the BZEN test ride.
- BZEN may store the personal data provided by the test rider (first and last name, mobile phone number and/or e-mail address), use them for the purpose of processing any purchase by the test rider and to contact him by phone or e-mail for product information, unless he objected to this. The consent may be revoked at any time.
- In case photos of the test ride would be shared by the test rider on social media (e.g. photos of the tested bike or photos of the test rider himself) the test rider accepts these photos might be shared on the BZEN social media or BZEN website.
15- Data protection
- The administrator of personal data collected from the test riders is the BZEN SPRL, registered in Sprimont, Belgium. The processing of personal data will take place according to the rules set out in the Regulation of the European Parliament and Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free flow of such data and repeal Directive 95/46 / EC (General Regulation on Data Protection).
- Personal data provided by the test riders will be processed in order to organize and conduct the purchase of BZEN bikes as well as to obtain information about the experience of riding BZEN bikes by the test riders.
- Providing personal data is voluntary, but it is necessary to conduct the purchase.
- The test riders who provide personal data have the right to access their personal data and subject to the law, have the right to: a) rectify data, b) delete data, c) limit data processing, d) data transfer, e) raise objections , f) withdrawal of consent at any time.
- BZEN will collect from participants the following data: a) name and surname, b) e-mail address, c) telephone number.
- BZEN will also collect from the client the following data: a) shipping address.
- Test riders and clients have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- BZEN declares that the data of test riders and clients will not be processed in an automated manner and will not be profiled.
- The data of the test riders and clients will not be made available to external entities, except for provisions provided for by law.
- The data of the test riders and clients will be kept for the period necessary to achieve the above-mentioned objectives.
- BZEN applies technical and organizational measures aimed at adequate, appropriate to the threats and categories of data covered by the protection of the entrusted personal data. BZEN has implemented appropriate measures to ensure the degree of security corresponding to the risk taking into account the state of technical knowledge, implementation cost and nature, scope, purpose and context of processing and the risk of violating the rights and freedoms of individuals with varying likelihood and severity of the threat. In particular, the organizer takes into account the risks associated with the processing of data resulting from: 1) accidental or unlawful destruction, 2) loss, modification, unauthorized disclosure of data, 3) unauthorized access to personal data sent, stored or otherwise processed.
- BZEN does not take any responsibility regarding data collected by the Ambassador or the accredited partner.
If any provisions of these terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provision shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
17- Variation of Terms
BZEN is permitted to revise these terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.